Creating a Home Bar – A Guide to a Chic, Inviting, and Functional Living Space
Whether you’re hosting a party or just want to enjoy your favorite cocktail in comfort, there’s nothing like having a home bar. But, how can you create the perfect home bar that is both chic and inviting?
In this article, you’ll be guided through the steps of creating a welcoming, beautiful, and functional home bar. You’ll learn how to choose a location and plan the room, as well as which items you’ll need to make entertaining in your home bar truly enjoyable.
Choose the Perfect Location
The first step to creating the perfect home bar is finding the perfect spot in your home. Whether you have a dining room, living room, or a basement, think about the available space and energy of the area. Smaller areas may be best suited for a stylish, petite bar filled with all the basics for a light evening cocktail. If you are lucky to have a larger space, think about having more of a party vibe with a full bar, barstools, and cushioned seating for your friends to lounge in.
Planning your Room Layout and Decor
Once you have chosen your location you’ll need to decide how to furnish your space. Start with the basics:
- Bar Cabinet. This is the main piece of furniture to create the foundation of the room. Look for a well constructed piece with plenty of shelf and bottle storage.
- Bar Stools. Select stylish stools to fit both your bar cabinet and living space. Opt for swivel stools with upholstered or solid wooden frames.
- Ice Bucket. Treat yourself to an elegant silver or stainless steel ice bucket with a matching scoop.
- Cocktail Shaker. Get yourself a high-quality stainless steel or glass cocktail shaker.
- Mixers. Get all the ingredients for creating delicious and unique cocktails, such as tonic water, club soda, and premium spirits such as vodka, gin, and whiskey.
- Glasses. Choose from classic glassware from rocks glasses to highball glasses and tumblers, as well as chic novelty glasses.
- Additional Furniture. Utilize the space available by incorporating additional furniture such as a sofa, chairs, or a table, as well as decorative accents such as lamps and wall decor.
Once you have all the basics you’ll need to decide how to decorate your home bar. Play around with different colors and textures to give your bar character and personality. Don’t forget to include art that reflects you and pieces that increase the ambiance of the room. Think glass, crystal, shimmering metals, and fabrics that are timeless and classic.
Organize and Accessorize
Once you have the layout and furniture settled for your home bar, the next step is to organize and accessorize. Think about adding some glitz and glamour to your space. Try incorporating vintage liquor bottles and artwork that add to the charisma of your home bar. You can also include special ornaments and other stools that double as extra places to sit.
For a personalized touch include items like a set of old fashioned shakers or a vintage whisky flask. Also, think about hanging decorative signs and pictures on the walls to celebrate and call attention to your favorite drinks. With a few special pieces and a lot of attention to detail your home bar will be looking inviting and chic in no time.
Make it an Entertaining Space
Finally, make it fun and accessible for your guests. To make your home bar a place for your friends and family to gather and have a great time, set up an area for card and board games, as well as a separate area to mix drinks. With a bar top and barware you can easily create a drinks station for your guests to serve themselves.
For a bit of sparkle and fun, consider investing in items such as shot glasses, whiskey stones, pint glasses, and champagne flutes. You can also stock it with fun and flavorful mixers, garnishes, or special items, such as straws or coasters, all of which add a decorative touch to the bar.
Enjoying your Home Bar
Creating a home bar that is both chic and inviting takes a bit of creativity, hard work, and dedication, but it can be a fun and rewarding experience. When all is said and done, all you’ll have left to do is enjoy your new space. After all, isn’t that why we created it in the first place?
So, why not invite some friends over and mix up some beautiful drinks – cheers!